Superminted is a full-service brand-to-market agency that partners with clients across industries and markets to create fresh and innovative 360-degree marketing campaigns to meet their business goals. In addition to integrated marketing capabilities spanning the entire marketing communications spectrum, we also provide in-house video content and production capabilities. At Superminted, we believe that inclusivity and diversity form the bedrock for the most innovative ideas, designs and solutions.
What’s our mission? To support brands in their journey of evolution and growth.
We are looking for problem solvers and people who are passionate about producing good work. Join us if you want to be empowered, entertained and enabled to inspire the people around you. A sense of ownership and foundership are traits we appreciate, and we are always looking to uncover diamonds in the rough.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive (aka Growth Strategist) to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. A strategist and a problem solver, the primary role of the Growth Strategist is to identify business opportunities. This begins by first understanding our client’s business and then proposing how our agency can help them to close the gaps and market their business effectively. In this role, you will also coordinate and facilitate the development of business, creative and strategic proposals with the relevant project managers and project teams, as well as ensure the deliverables and objectives of the agreed, contracted proposals are achieved. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing efforts as sales opportunities;
- Respond to leads and fix appointments with potential and existing clients;
- Present our Agency to potential clients;
- Identify client needs and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Tailor marketing solutions to elevant client experience and raise satisfaction;
- Prospect and build strong relationships with clients;
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients;
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market;
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and the Growth Team;
- Report to the Director of Growth on weekly, monthly and quarterly sales results;
- Stay up-to-date with new Agency offerings and pricing structures;
- Conduct market research for the Agency and clients as well as their industries and competitors;
- Develop marketing proposals, recommendations and present sales pitches;
- Support pitches by ideating, developing and presenting creative pitches for the Agency’s client accounts;
- Manage client relationships, providing strategic consultation and insights for retention of the Company’s client accounts.
- Familiar with the various services provided by a Marketing/Advertising Agency;
- Possess good understanding of Branding and Marketing;
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls);
- Track record of achieving sales quotas;
- Experience with CRM software;
- Familiarity with MS Excel i.e. analysing spreadsheets and charts;
- Understanding of sales performance metrics;
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field; and
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role.
- Self-starter, able to work independently;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations; and
- Able to manage well in a fast paced environment.